Tuesday, May 5, 2015

A Real Color Challenge

And Mum's the Word
A real challenging color challenge at Color My heart 
that happens to go with Mum's the Word at Heart 2 Heart
With Ruby and Crystal Blue and White Daisy with
Colonial White this makes a real challenge. For me Ruby
is too bold to go with Crystal Blue. So to soften Ruby 
I stamped it second generation. Then I used Colonial
White for my mat under my White Daisy Sentiment piece.
The two whites were a good mix with the white shimmer trim.
And, a Happy Mother's Day card goes over to Heart 2 Heart.
So, share with us your idea for a Mother's Day creation or
take the color challenge at Color My Heart or both.
CTMH Supplies:
Cardstock: White Daisy, Colonial White
Stamps: Happy to Be Friends
Ink: Crystal Blue, Ruby
Embellishments: White Shimmer Trim 

8 comments:

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Beautiful card, Jody! I loved your strategy for combining these colors and the background textures. For me the most challenging part of this challenge was combining White Daisy and Colonial White and you did a great job of it. Thanks for sharing with us at Color My Heart Color Dare again!
:) Marie

Donna said...

Beautiful card! I love the random stamping and the texture you gave the card by using the embossing folder. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

Michelle said...

What a lovely card! I love the 2nd generation Ruby, too. Perfect touch! Also, the White Daisy and Colonial White layers look wonderful together. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart!

Nikka Geers said...

So simple and pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart.

G Eileen Studios said...

So delicate and beautiful! Great idea for using 2nd generation stamping. Thanks for joining the Color Dare!

sarahstone said...

I agree with you about the Ruby, I would have chosen Tulip (if it were still around). But you made it work! And I love how you matted the two whites together. Beautiful card. Thanks for playing at Color My Heart this week!

Sarah

Lauren said...

What a gorgeous card, you have really made this look elegant! Thanks for sharing it with us at H2H challenges.

Brandi said...

OMG, I love this card! I love how you used the stamp set and combined it with the embossing folder. Great job! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H)!

Brandi R
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca