Monday, November 7, 2011

It's Metal Mania at Heart 2 Heart

The challenge this week at Heart 2 Heart is to add metal to your project. That can be hard to do with all the options we have for the use of metal. Which metal to use? Brads, eyelets, hinges, pins, Mini Medleys, charms, photo hangers, etc. The list goes on. I put all my metal on the table, closed my eyes and picked two pieces.
A pewter bookplate and an antique copper filigree butterfly.  To get my bookplate to look like antique copper (to coordinate) I used the brown StazOn ink pad to color the bookplate. Yea, now they both look like antique copper. Time to put the card together.

Now it's your turn to pick some metal and add it to your project. I can't wait to see all the metal works this week. I will be fun. Don't forget to use some Close to My Heart product on your project and post for us at Heart 2 Heart. You could win a great prize from one of our sponsors Wendy or Teri.

CTMH Supplies:
BTP: Sonoma
Cardstock: Colonial White
Ink: Cocoa
Stamps: Thank You, Sweet Moments
Embellishments: Pewter Bookplates, Opaques, Bliss filigree butterfly
Other: Handmade Flower

3 comments:

Gina Brandstetter said...

Beautiful card! I love how you used a different shape behind the metal frame. It's perfect!

Haley D. said...

Your card is beautiful, as always!

Rebecca Sorge said...

Your work is beautiful and I would like to give you an award to honor you and your blog. Follow this link to get it.
http://beccascreativeplace.blogspot.com/2011/11/award-thanks-pam.html