Thursday, February 27, 2014

Shabby Chic Time

Shabby chic gives the appearance of age and signs of wear. 
To get that look I used some old fashioned lace looking paper, 
some cracked paper and lots of distressing on all other pieces.
Shabby Chic creations give me a chance to use up my recycled items 
that have been piling up through time. When ever I have a card that 
doesn't sell after three tries I just pull off all the embellishments and 
toss the card in the circular file. The embellishments are deposited 
in a container to be used another day. Ah...shabby chic time. Time to
get the container of used embellishments to recycle on a shabby chic card. 
To give an updated look I used a new stamp set along with new paper packs.
Be sure to share your idea of shabby chic with us at Heart 2 Heart.
CTMH Supplies:
B&T Duos: Balloon Ride, Skylark, Frosted
Cardstock: Colonial White, Cocoa
Stamps: Dreamer, Believe in Yourself, Universal Backgrounds
Ink: Cocoa, Sorbet, Desert Sand
Embellishments: Recycled from the past
Pattern: Wishes "Midpoint"


3 comments:

ScrappyHorses said...

Love this! I think I get "Shabby Chic" looking at your card. I have so much trouble with this style. I might have to try again with this inspiration! My daughter loves this stamp set and now I see why!!

Dawn - Decorating Days said...

Love it! Your style is always so clean and you managed to keep it even with the shabby chic messy/multi attributes. I love the colors and they way you pulled it all together.

Gina Brandstetter said...

so pretty!! After not putting this stamp on my 'must have' list, you have now convinced me that I MUST HAVE it!