Thursday, March 29, 2012

Embossing Techniques at Heart 2 Heart

This week's challenge at Heart 2 Heart is embossing techniques.
My favorite embossing technique is dry embossing to make faux stitching.
This week I wanted to try something different. I'm not to good with the embossing powders so I decided to use the clear embossing powder to make some "cracked glass" images.
Wishes Card Confidence Program is the only place to get 41/2 X 41/2 square card designs. There are ten different designs. This one is called Curtain Call. The card base is cut with the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge page 33 in the booklet.

Wishes also has ten circle card designs. This one is called Side Note.
This card base is cut using the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge page 31.
These card designs are very helpful when using the clear circle cards
from the CTMH Idea Book.

Wishes also has six 3 X 6 card designs. This one is called Name Plate.

This card base is cut using the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge page 54.
These three card sizes are only found in Wishes which is available at this time
while supplies last. You can get yours Here.

Now it's your turn to share some embossing creations.
Be sure to post at Heart 2 Heart for all to see.
CTMH Supplies:
B&T Duos: Florentine
Cardstock: Desert Sand, Colonial White, Cocoa
Ink: Cocoa, Brown Bag, Olive
Stamps: Rosy Regards, Live Inspired, Sweet Moments
Embellishments: Filigree Charms, Opaques. Colonial White Ribbon
Technique: Cracked Glass: Stamp your image on the piece of the card you want cracked. Cover the piece with adhesive. I used my Xyron. Pour the clear detail embossing powder on the adhesive. Heat to melt powder. Apply powder again while the image is wet. Do this 8-10 times so a thick layer of powder is melted on your piece. Be sure to add more powder before it dries. Let your piece completely dry. Bend the image to crack the glass.  I added some cocoa ink in the cracks to emphasize the cracks.

7 comments:

Crafty Texan said...

Very fun use of the technique! I have a tutorial for this on my blog, but did it a little differently. {Sshhh:I think i like your way better} Beautiful cards!! The silhouette stamp was perfect for this technique. :)

Allisa said...

Love the cracked glass! Thanks for sharing with us at H2H!

Haley D. said...

Your cards are wonderful! Thanks for reminding me of the cracked glass technique. Too beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at H2H.

Ann said...

very nice!!

Tamytha said...

I love all of your cards! Cracked glass embossing is probably my favorite embossing technique. I just love it and I love what you did with it. Just beautiful!! So glad you joined us at H2H this week!

Mary Gunn FUNN said...

BEE-U-TEE-FUL, Jody!
I love everything about your cards - everything! Thanks for sharing and challenging us to try cracked glass (I never have!!!!)!

Melanie Reid said...

Ooooh! The cracked glass looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing the techinque.