Tuesday, April 12, 2011

What to do? Reuse? Reduce? or Recycle?

From Trash to Treasure

This week's challenge at Heart 2 Heart is Reduce, Reuse, or Recycle. So..should I reduce my collection of tin cans and glass jars? Or should I reuse from my stash of embellishments pulled off old projects? Or should I use something already in the trash? I decided to check the trash cans. Kitchen trash had some more tin cans and jars but they were dirty. The bathroom trash yielded a silver box that used to contain the bar of soap. But the big find was in my trash can in my stamping room. Voila, an empty box of Glue Dots has been transformed!


One empty box of Glue Dots Open the box to be flat. Cut off 1" and cover with Sweetheart BTP.
Glue covered box back together and decorate. Fill with your favorite treats, 3 X 3 cards, all those packages of Opaques and sparkles,etc.


CTMH Supplies:

Paper: Sweetheart, Holligans

Cardstock: White Daisy, Sweetleaf

Ink: Cotton Candy, Pear, Gypsy

Stamps: Pennant Alphabet, Universal Background, Party Pennants

Embellishments: Sweet Leaf Ribbon, Pink Assorted buttons, Pretty Pins, White Daisy Mini Medley

Treats: Hershey Kisses, M&M Peanuts in a tube.


Be sure to visit Heart 2 Heart all week for some amazing recycling, reducing and reusing ideas!

20 comments:

Gina Brandstetter said...

This is pretty amazing!! I would have NEVER thought of this. It is absolutely adorable!

Joelle H. said...

This is so beautiful! That's an amazing transformation. I'm always inspired by your work!

Haley D. said...

What an amazing transformation! From such humble beginnings to a gorgeous project!

Sheila H said...

You are so resourceful!

Karen Day said...

Jody, this is such a pretty/girly little gift package! Great recycling - thanks for playing along at H2H this week :o)

Dena J said...

Wow! This is so clever and absolutely beautiful. You have a new follower :-)

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love it! ~Amy

Melinda Everitt said...

I love the pennants in you project. This is such a colorful, happy project! Wouldn't have believed that you got it from an empty box of glue dots. Just tossed one away ............. excuse me while I go fish it out of the craft room garbage. Thanks for joining us at H2H!

Ann said...

very pretty What a cute little Easter gift that would be

Corina said...

Jody! This is super CUTE! I love all the details, from the banner to the ribbon. I hope you traced it and scanned it for future projects. This is definitely a keeper. Thanks so much for joining us this week at H2H! Can't wait to see what you create for next weeks challenge.

:)

Romaine said...

Love love love this! Love the layers nd decorative details! So pretty!

Mary Gunn FUNN said...

Wheweee, that knocks my socks off!

Lisa Fowler Windsor, CO said...

Oh My Gosh--this is amazing! Not only reusing the box--but the cuteness you filled it with!

Amy Moore said...

...and to think I toss those boxes in the trash all the time!! This is adorable. Jody, I have chosen you to receive the Stylish Blogger Award. Please go to my blog for more details and to play along. www.amysartfromtheheart.blogspot.com

Lorrinda said...

Now that's putting the trash to good use! Perfect sized box to re-use, I'm gonna have to start saving mine. And I love what you put in it too! Thanks for sharing this with u at H2H:

Unknown said...

Wow... That's really converting trash to treasure. Amazing!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely Adorable! This is a fantastic transformation that anyone would love to receive.

Lisa Stenz said...

Oh my goodness! Are you kidding me???? This is so great! I love how you used an old Glue Dots box. You are so creative! Thanks for sharing your wonderful artwork with us! *Ü*

Mary said...

Jody - would you email me please? I have a question for you. And your project ROCKS!!!! mbryt1@bex.net

Jessica said...

You are way too cool, this is so awesome Jody! Fabulous as always, and thank you for the blog award you are too sweet!