Thursday, March 27, 2014

Color Dare #87

It's Time to Play with Ivy Lane
This week I was invited to be a guest designer for Color My Heart 
just as I was making my annual Easter treat containers for my family. 
Since purple is the color of the day for this family I was playing 
with Ivy Lane when the call came. Great timing! 
Just in case you don't have this paper pack you can play along using 
blush, hollyhock, smokey plum, and some 
garden green if you still have some.

My treat container is a tin can covered with the green B&T and wrapped with
the zip strip from the same page. The handle is a 1.25" X 11" cardstock scalloped
with our scallop border punch. A 1/2" strip of B&T is adhered down the center 
of the handle. To make the bunny punch a 2" cardstock scallop circle. Ears are
made with 4" flower #6 (Art Philosophy) and 1.25" Petal #2 (Art Philosophy).
To make eyes punch two white 1/2" circles, two 3/8" black circles and one 
1/2" blush circle cut in half. The whiskers are bakers twine and the nose is a 1/2" 
 heart. The mouth is drawn with a black pen. Ready to add your favorite treats.

So grab you Ivy Lane paper pack or the colors from the pack and share 
your creations with us this week at Color My Heart.
CTMH Supplies:
B&T Duos: Ivy Lane
Cardstock: Blush, Ivy Land Green, Hollyhock, Black, White Daisy
Ink: Black, Hollyhock, Smokey Plum, Olive
Stamps: Tag the Occasion
Embellishments: Baker Twine
Other: White polka dot ribbon, Hershey Nuggets, Easter grass

5 comments:

Casandra Bennett said...

Adorable!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Awesome project, Jody! I love it! Thanks again for being our Guest Designer for Color My Heart Color Dare this week! We appreciate your talent!
:) Marie

Sheila Bennett said...

Absolutely adorable Easter basket. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart.

Becca-expressions said...

How FUN! Now I just need to get my kiddos on the ball so I can have some grandchildren who would love something like this. Hee, hee! Thanks for being the guest designer this week at Color My Heart. We always look forward to seeing what you will do!

MissDinTexas said...

This would be a great project for grandma and grandkids to have some quality time together. Also can I ask what "tin" did you use...a breathmint tin ??? And take the top off cause most have a hinged top..? Or is it something bigger..? Whatever it is this is a lovely project for familes to gather for Easter. Thanks for sharing!
"Happy Crafting"