Thursday, December 3, 2015

Christmas Tags

Going Vintage This Year
Every year I make homemade decorations at Christmas. This started when my first born was crawling and wanted to eat the ornaments on the tree. All ornaments had to be safe if put in the mouth. I have continued making homemade Christmas decorations all through the 47 years of marriage.
This year I decided to go vintage with all my best vintage decorations. I wanted to make some vintage tags to adorn my Christmas packages. The color dare this week at Color My Heart worked perfectly into my plan. The vintage colors: Cocoa, Cashmere, Cranberry, and Fern.
First Set: Making vintage tags is easy as 1-2-3
1. Cut tag shape using cashmere CS and sand to get the worn look
2. Stamp a background with Cocoa ink or tone on tone Cashmere ink
3. Add your vintage embellishments (see suggested list below)
Second Set: Making vintage tags is easy as 1-2-3
1. Cut white Daisy tag and brayer with cashmere ink.
2. Stamp a background with Cocoa ink or tone on tone Cashmere ink.
3. Add your vintage embellishments (see suggested list below)

Suggested vintage embellishments:
Lace, twine, gingham ribbon, seam binding ribbon
Antique gold or brass hardware
Silk flowers, opaques, charms, brad accents, antique buttons
CTMH Supplies:
B&T Duos: White Pines
Cardstock: White Daisy, Cashmere
Stamps: vintage sets through the years
Ink: Cocoa, Cashmere, Cranberry, Fern
Embellishments: Assorted vintage embellishments from my stash


5 comments:

G Eileen Studios said...

Absolutely beautiful tags, Jody. Each one is a work of art! Thanks for sharing them on the Color Dare.

Donna said...

Gorgeous tags! Love how you embellished each one. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge blog.

Kathleen said...

OMG Jody, these are FABULOUS!! I am in awe!!

SharliF@cox.net said...

Your tags are amazing - just beautiful! Excellent work!

ScrappyHorses said...

These are beautiful!