Saturday, August 3, 2013

Shadows And Shades

With an "Ombre" Challenge at Heart 2 Heart
What's an "ombre"? It's when colors or tones that shade into each other —
used especially of fabrics in which the color is graduated from light to dark.
For this technique I used the puddle pad technique with re-inkers to 
get my colors to shade into each other.
I was inspired today by Aaron Brown where she used the new Rediscover 
download from CTMH for August to make a notepad cover. I wanted to give it a try.
When you print these out the colors may vary depending on your printer. For
my printer I used Buttercup, Juniper, and Ruby for my notepad cover.
Inside the cover I attached the note papers(10 sheets) to the cover with a 
paper clip. That way refilling when the paper is gone is easy
For this cover I used Twilight and Buttercup
Inside this cover, the note paper(10 sheets) is attached with a spiral clip.
Puddle Pad technique to get the "ombre" look: Fold two sheets of baby wipes 
into a square. Place the baby wipe pad on a block and ink with re-inker. 
I used buttercup and twilight.The yellow and blue made green in the middle.
 The Ruby and Buttercup re-inkers madeorange in the middle. 
Get your "ombre" on and share at Heart 2 Heart.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did what I was thinking of doing with the stationery download, Jody! Love them all! So cute! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

Amy Moore said...

Very cool projects! I was also inspired by Aaron, but your notebook is so clever too!

Scrapperchic said...

awesome love the pennannts