Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Blast From the Past

It's a new challenge: Use It or Lose It
Challenge #1 is to use your first stamp. Now, for me I had to go back 14 years when CTMH was D.O.T.S. and our stamps were rubber stamps mounted on those wooden blocks. Most of my woodies are gone but I did find one that has the D.O.T.S. copyright on the block. It was R 103 Carousel Horse. 
 While making this updated version of the Carousel Horse I used some of the techniques we used in 1998. Notice that the stamp itself is embellished with lots of dots randomly placed around the image.
On the inside to coordinate with this design I use our writers to draw stitching lines and then randomly place dots around the stitching. This was a super fun challenge. Thanks Use It or Lose It.
Be sure to visit the Use It or Lose It challenge blog and go back in time and relive the memories. Be sure to share your memories with all.

5 comments:

Jenn Joncas said...

Beautiful card Jody!!! I can't believe 14 years with CTMH!!! I thought I was doing well with 6 years under my belt (: You pay such attention to detail, all of the little dots you added around the edge! Thanks for joining us for our first Use It or Lose It challenge (:

Romaine said...

Jody, so glad that you joined us at our first use it or lose it! How awesome you still have a stamp from the DOTS days; but I can see why you kept this one! I love it paired with Stella and as always, your pretty details!

Nikka Geers said...

Thanks so much for joining use it or lose it. That stamp is so pretty. I remember my mom having a wooden stamp like that. You did such a great job

Wendy K. said...

Very pretty!

Stephanie said...

Great job on the challenge. Love the car.